Tpo roof system
GET A CALL BACK!
What is TPO Roofing?
TPO stands for Thermoplastic Polyolefin is a single ply membrane roofing used mainly for flat commercial roofs. It is one of the fastest-growing and most popular commercial roofing systems on the market TPO roofing membrane is made up of 2 layers of synthetic with reinforcing scrim.
TPO is a heat-weldable membrane that does not require the use of any volatile organic compounds (VOCs) during installation. As a result, TPO offers many benefits, including high reflectivity, UV resistance, and energy efficiency. It is also one of the most cost-effective commercial roofing solutions available today.
There are three main types of TPO roofing systems:
- Ballasted – This system uses large rocks or gravel to hold down the membrane. This is a good option for flat roofs that cannot support the weight of a more traditional roofing system.
- Mechanically Fastened – The membrane is attached using fasteners and plates to the flat roof deck. This is a good option for flat roofs that cannot be welded.
- Fully Adhered – In this system, the membrane is glued or welded to the flat roof deck. This is the most vital TPO roofing system used on new construction projects.
TPO roofing systems are composed of two main layers:
- The base layer – This layer is typically made of polyester or fiberglass and reinforces the membrane.
- The top layer – This layer is made of a synthetic rubber compound, such as ethylene propylene diene monomer (EPDM), chlorosulfonated polyethylene (CSPE), or neoprene. This layer provides UV resistance and durability.
TPO roofing systems are available in various colors, including white, tan, and black. White TPO membranes are the most popular choice for commercial roofs because they reflect sunlight and help keep buildings more fabulous in the summer. However, tan and black TPO membranes are also available and can be used to match the color scheme of your building.
TPO roofing systems are usually installed correctly by certified professionals using special equipment. The membrane is first unrolled and then welded together using a hot air gun or an electron beam welder. Once the seams are welded, fasteners or adhesive attach the membrane to the roof deck.
If you are considering a new roof for your commercial building, a TPO roofing system is a great option. TPO roofs are durable, energy-efficient, and cost-effective. They are also available in various colors to match the look of your building. Contact a local TPO roofing contractor in Missouri & Texas for more information about TPO roofing systems. Look no further than to contact a Titan Commercial & Residential Roofing.
TPO Roofing Installation
After the existing roof is prepared, the insulation board is installed either by cleaning or removing the existing roof. There are several variations of insulation board or separation sheets for each customer to choose from based on their budget or requirements.
TPO Membranes come in various thicknesses and widths, varying from 4 ft. wide to 20 ft. wide. The thinner the membrane is usually, the shorter the cost and warranties. However, the thicker the membrane, the more long-lasting it will be.
The TPO membrane can then be installed by mechanically fastening it or using a full-coverage bonding adhesive.
Once the membrane is installed, it is vital to finish off by adding either a gravel ballast or a white TPO mechanically fastened system to protect the membrane from UV rays and extreme weather conditions.
TPO Membrane installation can be completed in a few days, depending on the size of your roof and the number of people working on it. It is vital to make sure that you hire a professional commercial roofing contractor with experience in installing TPO roofs.
TPO Roofing Costs
Most standard commercial roofs will usually have a roofing cost between $4.00 and $8.00 per sq. ft. in single ply roofing materials and labor to install a TPO Roofing system on a commercial building. To better understand how much your roof will cost, you can consider these options.
- The size of your roof.
- The age and condition of the existing roof.
- Choice of insulation or separation sheet.
- Existing roof penetrations or units.
- Your choice of the thickness of the membrane
- The type of warranty you choose.
Ultimately the cost of a TPO roofing system depends on several factors, including the size of your roof, the type of membrane you choose, and the contractor you hire.
The Benefits of TPO Roofing
An adequately installed TPO roof can last up to 30 years. To get the most life out of a TPO roof, keep a close eye on any seams that may come apart or break and have them repaired as soon as possible. While an adequately heat-welded TPO seam will not break, keeping a close eye on any flaws during installation is crucial for the life term of your roof.
There are many other advantages of choosing a TPO roof system.
- The benefits of competitor synthetic membranes but at a cheaper cost.
- Highly UV Reflective (up to 85%), reducing energy costs.
- It can be easily repaired, saving costs on future repairs.
- Class A Fire-Rated
Why should you hire Titan Commercial & Residential Roofing to install TPO Roofs for your commercial buildings?
- Hiring an inexperienced commercial roofing contractor to install your TPO roof can lead to costly mistakes that will shorten the lifespan of your roof. Titan Commercial and Residential Roofing has over the years of experience installing all types of commercial roofs, including TPO roofs. We are a local roofing contractor in Missouri & Texas with a reputation for quality artistry and customer service.
- When you hire Titan Commercial & Residential Roofing to install your TPO roof, you can rest assured that your roof will be installed by experienced professionals who will take the time to do the job right.
- We offer a variety of TPO roofing systems to choose from, and we can custom design a roofing system to meet your specific needs. We also offer a variety of warranties to protect your investment.
If you are looking for a quality commercial roofing contractor to install a TPO roof on your commercial building, contact Titan Commercial and Residential Roofing today. We will be happy to provide you with a free, no-obligation estimate.
We want to get your roof sealed and leak-free as soon as possible so you can get back to doing what you do best.
After you fill out the form we will contact you in 48 hours.
What do you need to know when we call you?
Here are a few things we will ask about.
- Your roof size
- Type of the existing roof
- Where your roof is located
- Setting up a free inspection
In that conversation, we want to know about your roofing issues, how old the roof is, when you’d like the roof repaired, restored, or replaced, etc.
Then if it makes sense for both of us, we’ll schedule a site visit to walk the roof with you.
We look forward to meeting you!